It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build marked as failed but every object has been created

Mihael Schmidt (5154) | asked Mar 03 '11, 5:57 a.m.
Hi,

I have a build which fails but every object has been created. The protocol "bldrec" flags the first entry as failed but the object has been created successfully.

<buildrecords>
<project name="xxx">
<builder id="">
<outputs>
<output attribute="" library="RTCPROD" name="ALTDUMY_00" status="BUILD_FAILED" type="*FILE">
<input file="QDDSSRC" library="RTCPROD" name="ALTDUMY_00" type="PF"/>
</output>

The build.log shows no error at all (at least none obvious to me).

The "failed" object in question is physical file on an IBM i server with a DDS source.

The build fails regardsless if the object in question exists or not prior to the build.

BTW we also got the same problem with the maillist example.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance

Mihael

3 answers

permanent link
Laura Venturini (661138) | answered Mar 16 '11, 10:57 a.m.
It happens the same to me: the build is marked as failed but the sources are compiled and the objects are created...
Any ideas?
Laura

permanent link
Lionel Butler (3635) | answered Oct 12 '11, 10:40 a.m.
Did anyone work out what was causing this problem?

Experiencing exactly the same problem on a 3.0.1 install, running an IBM i Rational Build Agent Build

The Build is marked as failed, though the build agent service log, shows the build was successful, and the 2 pgms have been compiled successfully into the correct library based on the build definition.

However the build output record, shows one object (module) status=Build Failed

Many thanks

Lionel

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Oct 12 '11, 5:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would recommend adding verbose logging by going to the Build Options tab of your build definition and expanding the Ant Configuration (Advanced) section. In Ant Arguments field add "-verbose" without the quotes.

If this does not provide any information to help open a defect and provide all the log files.

Did anyone work out what was causing this problem?

Experiencing exactly the same problem on a 3.0.1 install, running an IBM i Rational Build Agent Build

The Build is marked as failed, though the build agent service log, shows the build was successful, and the 2 pgms have been compiled successfully into the correct library based on the build definition.

However the build output record, shows one object (module) status=Build Failed

Many thanks

Lionel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.