It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where can I find documentation, or instructional help, on the structure the RTC Java API is exposing?

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Apr 17 '13, 3:34 p.m.
So far, all I've been able to find is javadoc and coding examples.  Is there anything on the overall relational structure that the API is exposing?  I'm trying to get a mental context for this API so I will know what part of the API to use in going after the info I can see in the RTC GUI? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 17 '13, 4:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can try starting here http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/ follow the links and other posts. Go into the Wiki. Get yourself an Eclipse extensions book and use examples in blogs and this forum to try to understand the API. It is also easy enough to search the SDK if you follow my blog. That is about all I know about documentation. Please be aware that only the part in the plain java API documented as JavaDoc is official API. all other API is unsupported. You can use it, but there is no guarantee. You can ask in this forum. Tag with extending.
mark byrd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mark byrd commented Apr 22 '13, 11:28 a.m.

Thanks for responding. I had already found that link. It was very helpful, but didn't take me far enough. For the last few months I've been examining the Wiki, and have successfully followed many examples I found in blogs, the forum, and other locations I stumbled across. I was hoping there was architectural doc somewhere that might give me overall context instead of random examples. Maybe I just don't know enough RTC-Jazz terminology yet to understand the abstract concepts I'm reading in the blogs and Wiki. I will keep digging.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 22 '13, 11:37 a.m. | edited Apr 22 '13, 11:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is nothing public I would be aware of. In fact the Plain Java API for clients published as JavaDoc is the only officially published and supported API. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.