It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

About connector?

peng li (61) | asked Jan 15 '09, 3:16 a.m.
Hello,everyone,
I am a new here.
Now i want to take advantage of the Repository and report component of Jazz, I want to use repository component to store my data produced by some tools and use report component to report the data.

Can i development a connector for my tools for the purpose?

Thanks! :D

2 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 15 '09, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If there are existing Jazz data types that represent the kind of data you would like to store (e.g. work items), then you would create a client application that creates instances of those existing types in the Jazz repository. If instead you need to define your own data types, because existing types do not model the data you wish to store, then you will need to create a server extension that includes a storage model and a service for creating and accessing items of your data types, and also a client application that uses your service to store your data.

This page should get you started:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ComponentDevelopment

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

Hello,everyone,
I am a new here.
Now i want to take advantage of the Repository and report component of Jazz, I want to use repository component to store my data produced by some tools and use report component to report the data.

permanent link
peng li (61) | answered Jan 15 '09, 8:54 p.m.
Thanks for your reply! It is just that i need!

If there are existing Jazz data types that represent the kind of data you would like to store (e.g. work items), then you would create a client application that creates instances of those existing types in the Jazz repository. If instead you need to define your own data types, because existing types do not model the data you wish to store, then you will need to create a server extension that includes a storage model and a service for creating and accessing items of your data types, and also a client application that uses your service to store your data.

This page should get you started:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ComponentDevelopment

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

Hello,everyone,
I am a new here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.