It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In CM, using the RTC client, can we bulk update all the tags for all work items in a particular query as well as add a user to the history/audit trail?

Michael Schiralli (1769) | asked Feb 19 '16, 1:32 p.m.
Hi Everyone,

We are currently using JTS 5.0.1.

As you know, in CM, you have the ability to run a query and then choose the Edit Multiple Work Items option to update attributes of the work items that appears in a query.  However, via the web browser, we can't bulk update all "Tags" for a work item.  So for all work items that appears in my query, I want to add a tag of some value to all these work items.

1)  Is there a way that we can bulk update all tags via the Eclipse client?
2) Is there a way we can add a particular user to the edit trail to show that the tag was added by user "Smith, Sam"?  Even though I am running the query to update all tags, I don't want my name to show as the last user that modified the work item.  I want to add my manager's name instead.

Thank you for your help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 19 '16, 2:23 p.m.
1) Yes -- Right clicking on the query column in the query results for single or multiple work items will add a "Change *attribute* " to the context menu.
2) Only if you login as your manager.
Michael Schiralli selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Schiralli commented Feb 19 '16, 3:09 p.m.

Thank you very much for your help, Kevin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.