It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to hide/unhide a field based on res.code?

Claudia Callegari (44439771) | asked Mar 02 '11, 1:35 p.m.
My customer wants to have a field only editable and visible on specific resolution codes.
For example, when rejecting a defect, if the resolution code selected is "won't fix", they would like to enable an additional field to require additional details.

One idea was to use the hideIfInState field to at least hide/unhide the field on the state, even when I know it does not meet full requirement as it does not look into the resolution codes. But I also noticed it does not help me either, because the hideIf will work once the defect moved to the Rejected state, and I need to hide/unhide while taking the reject action (and the defect is not on the Rejected state yet).

Is there any alternative/workaround? I'm working on RTC 3.0.

Thanks in advance,
--Claudia

One answer

permanent link
John Simmonds (6) | answered Jul 11 '11, 10:22 a.m.
I'm currently using RTC v.3.0.0. I created an Attribute-based Presentation field of type boolean. The Hide in Workflow State field is populated with the first 3 of 5 states. Hide if empty or hide on creation are both disabled.

However, the field is appearing the first three states. Is this a defect in version 3.0.0? If not, what are my options?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.