It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

To "discard" a baseline change from associated workspace under "Pending changes" tab.

Ulhas Shetty (1316) | asked Sep 28 '15, 2:21 a.m.
 Hi.
My created baselines associated to a repository workspace or a stream are shown in the Pending changes tab as Outgoing changes to the associated stream.

Thing is, I only created them for future reference purpose and dont want it to be delivered to other streams which the repository workspace (of which the snapshot is taken) is associated to.

Under the options in Pending changes for these associated baselines, I dont see an option for tagging it as completed or "No-Deliver" option. 
If my baselines have associated change sets, then yes, I do see an option to "Reverse" it, but not in the case where there are simple snapshots with no associated changes.

Can anyone please help me out in seeing the "Complete" or "Discard" option for the baselines with no associated changes.

Thanks,
Ulhas.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 28 '15, 7:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I am aware, you can not get rid of baselines today. There is an enhancement request https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=18512 tracking this request.

There is no problem with delivering the baselines.
Ulhas Shetty selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 28 '15, 9:17 p.m.

One recommendation: always accept incoming changes (both baselines and change sets) before delivering a baseline.  This helps avoid confusing behavior on change set ordering and baseline flow.

Ulhas Shetty commented Sep 29 '15, 6:07 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.

But then is there a way to keeping taking snapshots or creating baselines (which is kind of one of our process requirements) and not associate to any of Outgoing requests. I dont wish to check-in or deliver these baselines.
Like a "hidden" feature or a work around.

Thanks, again.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 29 '15, 9:12 a.m.

There is no hidden feature for this, but there would be a workaround, which is to have a separate "baselining" workspace.   When you are ready to create a baseline or snapshot, "replace" the configuration of this workspace with the configuration you want to baseline/snapshot, and then do the baseline/snapshot creation in the baselining workspace.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.