It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plus signs in Work Item Category Names causes issues?

Tim Mulligan (22633214) | asked Feb 25 '11, 4:41 p.m.
We believe the plus sign (+) when coded in Work Item Category names causes problems with Reports (e.g. Story Points Remaining). For example, we had the following Work Item Category to Team mappings:
1). Components Work -> Components Team
2). Documentation+Training Work -> Documentation+Training Team
Reports for #1 worked fine but we were getting "No story work items were found" for #2 until we removed the plus sign. We modified both the Work Item Category and the Team name so we are not sure which fixed the issue. I suspect it was the Work Item Category since this is what gets stored in the work item record. In any event, the Story Points Remaining report ran OK the next day after the nightly DW process did its thing.
In summary, my questions are:
1). Which caused the issue ... plus sign in Category or Team name?
2). Is this a known issue in RTC 2.0.0.2?
3). If it is a known issue, was it fixed in RTC 3.0?
4). Is there a list of special characters to avoid in RTC object names?
Thanks,
Tim

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 28 '11, 2:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Tim,

would you consider submitting a work item?

Thanks,

Ralph

We believe the plus sign (+) when coded in Work Item Category names causes problems with Reports (e.g. Story Points Remaining). For example, we had the following Work Item Category to Team mappings:
1). Components Work -> Components Team
2). Documentation+Training Work -> Documentation+Training Team
Reports for #1 worked fine but we were getting "No story work items were found" for #2 until we removed the plus sign. We modified both the Work Item Category and the Team name so we are not sure which fixed the issue. I suspect it was the Work Item Category since this is what gets stored in the work item record. In any event, the Story Points Remaining report ran OK the next day after the nightly DW process did its thing.
In summary, my questions are:
1). Which caused the issue ... plus sign in Category or Team name?
2). Is this a known issue in RTC 2.0.0.2?
3). If it is a known issue, was it fixed in RTC 3.0?
4). Is there a list of special characters to avoid in RTC object names?
Thanks,
Tim

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.