It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need clarity on scm load

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Feb 17 '11, 4:52 p.m.
I need some clarity on using scm load. I'm trying to do something that I think should be very simple: load a workspace to a sandbox that isn't the current working directory.

$ lscm help load

Help on load
Load the contents of the specified workspace into the local filesystem. By default, the workspace is loaded into a subdirectory of the current working directory named the same as the provided workspace selector.

Usage: lscm load [options] <ws> [remote-path...]
ws-name - Workspace to load (name[@repo], alias, or UUID[@repo]).
remote-path - List of remote items to load, may be a component (name, alias, or UUID), or a remote path within a component.

Options:
--all - Selects all components. Priority is given to explicitely selected components in the case of a conflict.
--certificate arg - The file containing the user's login certificate.
--smartCard - Use the connected smart card for authentication.
-a [--alternative-name] arg - Alternative name for the item specified in remote-path.
-d [--dir] arg - Root directory to save files to.
-f [--force] - Overwrite files that already exist in the filesystem.
-i [--include-root] - Load component roots as directories in the filesystem.
-L [--local-rules] arg - Local path to load rules. Must be specified with exactly one component.
-P [--password] arg - Password for repository.
-q [--quiet] - Print the minimum of output during normal operation.
-r [--repository-uri] arg - URI specifying the location of repository.
-R [--remote-rules] arg - Path to the load rules within a component. Must be specified with exactly one component.
-t [--target] arg - Optional local path where changes should be loaded
-u [--username] arg - Username for repository.

What is the difference betwixt -d & -t? I've tried both & neither works.

$ lscm load -r philly --all -d localsb "Managed Build"

Problem running 'load':
Must load in sandbox root (/home/carej/sandbox/phillyscm). To load into a descendent specify the path with target. Try 'lscm help load' for more information.

$ lscm load -r philly --all -t localsb "Managed Build"

Problem running 'load':
Exactly one remote path selector must be specified when a local target is given. Try 'lscm help load' for more information.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.