It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export RTC v3.0 Dashboard (Widget content) into PDF file ?

Manohar Kumar Chintala (11111) | asked Jan 03 '13, 9:41 a.m.
I've created a Dashboard in RTC v3.0 using Widget option available in web version for defects statistics. I need to export the content of this dashboard into a PDF file to share it with client executives who do not have access to RTC. I've tried printing the dashboard into pdf using "Cute PDF Write" utility however the charts are not printed in the pdf generated. Could any one share information on how to export RTC v3.0 Dashboard (Widget content) into PDF file ?

4 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Dec 03 '14, 11:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I see what you mean about the charts being empty in Chrome.  In Chrome, I did a Save Page As... Web Page Complete, and the charts were saved. 

For executives, the easiest thing to do might be to take a screenshot of the widgets they care about and paste them in to a Powerpoint presentation.

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 04 '13, 7:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
Google Chrome has an option to print to pdf that should work for you.

Comments
Manohar Kumar Chintala commented Jan 05 '13, 3:13 a.m.

Thanks Lauren.
I will try in Google Chrome browser.  We've RTC hosted in client dedicated network and only IE and Firefox browsers are installed in servers and tester desktops. In case we don't get approvals for Chrome installation, would you suggest any other work around on how to print RTC dashboard content into pdf file ?

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jan 07 '13, 6:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't have any other pdf printer installed on my computer.  Worst case is you could take screenshots of the graphs and do a pdf print of the rest of the dashboard widgets.

permanent link
Radha Sastrigal (111122) | answered Dec 03 '14, 8:25 a.m.
Using RTC 4.0.6, I have used Chrome to create(save - as) PDF, the charts do not get printed, only the shell of the widgets is shown.
Do I follow a different step to export the widgets?

We have the same need to use the widget  for Executive reporting who don't have access to RTC. What is the best way to export or utilise the dashboard widgets to a presentation friendly format?

permanent link
Radha Sastrigal (111122) | answered Dec 03 '14, 3:08 p.m.
I did that, the whole dashboard page shows up, which is not desirable as not all widgets are required for reporting.

However, I did attempt to incude screen clipping of widgets in presentation, which is fine.
Do you know if there any planned enhancements for the export feature?

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Dec 03 '14, 3:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not up to date on planned enhancements for the dashboard. You could create a new enhancement request by clicking on My Stuff at the top of the page.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.