It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What Eclipse plugins or apps do you want to use with RTC?

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked May 05 '08, 5:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

The IBM Rational technical community is running an internal workshop during May looking at how various Eclipse 3.3 plugins, or Eclipse 3.3 applications work with RTC. We have a set of plugins and environments we want to try. More importantly, we would welcome suggestions from this community here at jazz.net and encourage a wider participation in this effort.

If you have a plugin you would like to use with RTC, or an Eclipse application that you want RTC to install into, please let us know by replying to this message with the name and details of the plugin or app (and where we can get hold of the item). If you prefer, send me a PM or email. Bear in mind that open source or IBM plugins or apps are the easiest for us to try out!

If you have already tried a plugin, or installed RTC into an app - please let us know how it is going so we can add this to the list.

A disclaimer: We are a bunch of RTC enthusiasts working at IBM Rational, we are not the Jazz dev team and we have no special ability to influence work done to make these plugins or apps work with RTC. We will be reporting back to the wider jazz.net community and submitting work items as required.

many thanks in advance for your suggestions and feedback

anthony

6 answers

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered May 05 '08, 5:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I use the Epic plugin for Perl work. Can we try this out?

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered May 08 '08, 4:51 a.m.
I would start with:
Web Tools Paltform (WTP)
Test & Performance Tools Platform Project (TPTP)
C/C++ Development Tooling (CDT)

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 08 '08, 12:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the suggestions so far. CDT is definitely on the list - will add WTP. I believe we have elements of TPTP in RTC already - but let me check.

Not heard of EPIC before - so definitely want to try that.

We will also install RTC into an existing instance of RAD 7.5 (beta) and RSM/RSD 7.0.5.

anthony

permanent link
Jeldert Pol (7611) | answered May 09 '08, 4:18 a.m.
Hi Anthony,

Great initiative.

Could you have a look at Eclipse IMP? It allows you to create a programming language, and create an Eclipse IDE for that language.

The project is open source and actively developed by IBM. However, the released plug-in is currently not compatible with Eclipse 3.3. The source code is, so you have to use that.

http://www.eclipse.org/imp/
http://eclipse-imp.sourceforge.net/installing/index.html

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 09 '08, 11:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Eclipse IMP sounds very interesting. Not sure if we will be able to build the plugin from source next week - but I will add this to the list in case someone wants to pick this up as part of a longer-term project

anthony

permanent link
Harleen Sahni (6642) | answered May 11 '08, 7:10 p.m.
I've installed Aptana into RTC and it seems to work well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.