It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Common Reporting > Report Test Suites with Test Cases

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Jan 31 '11, 5:16 p.m.
Hi, i'm using Rational common Reporting and want to make a report with something that should be simple like this :

Test Suite Name -- Test Case Name -- Test Case Result

Suite #1 --- Case 1 -- Passed
Suite #1 -- Case 2 Not Run
Suite #1 --- Case 3 -- Failed
Suite #2 ----Case 12 ---Not Run

And so on. I used the data on the RCR but could not get the suites with the test cases together

6 answers

permanent link
Rizwan Shamim (1644) | answered Feb 01 '11, 10:08 a.m.
Within the folder 'Operation Data Store' > 'Test Suite Area', there are two tables that would be of interest to you - 'Test Suite' and 'Test Suite Related Execution Work Items'.

Try using the following columns:

'Name' within the Test Suite table
'Test Case Name' within the Test Suite Related Execution Work Items table
'Current Result Verdict' within the Test Suite Related Execution Work Items

Hope that helps.

Rizwan

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | answered Feb 01 '11, 11:16 a.m.
Within the folder 'Operation Data Store' > 'Test Suite Area', there are two tables that would be of interest to you - 'Test Suite' and 'Test Suite Related Execution Work Items'.

Try using the following columns:

'Name' within the Test Suite table
'Test Case Name' within the Test Suite Related Execution Work Items table
'Current Result Verdict' within the Test Suite Related Execution Work Items

Hope that helps.

Rizwan

Hi Rizwan

Actually i tried this before and now again but it dosent seem to work for me. In my case if i put like you said :

Name (From T. Suite table) -- T. Case Name -- Current Result Veredict (from T.S. Related Ex. Work Item)

It only shows the Name from the Test Suite, but if i only put the last 2 columns (the ones from the Execution Work Item table) it shows the Test Cases and their results. but Cant get that together.

Does it worked for you?

permanent link
Rizwan Shamim (1644) | answered Feb 01 '11, 12:25 p.m.
I have just tried the using a column from each table in Query Studio, to be sure that it works.

I did the following:
* Used the 'Name' column within the 'Test Suite' table
* Used the 'Test Case Name' within the 'Test Suite Related Execution Work Items' table

I did indeed see a table with rows returned. And the rows seemed to contain the correct data.

Just out of curiosity, which version are you using? I have installed RCR Version: 1.0.0.0 Build id: 20100310-0900 with RQM 2.0.1 IFix 4.

Rizwan

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | answered Feb 01 '11, 2:25 p.m.
I'm sorry , it did worked. But first i noticed that the Job RQMALL (ETL) was failing and that's why the results gone bad.

Now they show the Cases with the Suites. But it dosent say "Not Run", and it has appear a Test Suite that was deleted :S

permanent link
Rizwan Shamim (1644) | answered Feb 02 '11, 5:14 p.m.
I was able to reproduce the same behaviour - a deleted Test Suite appeared in the report. I'll follow up with Rational to see if this is expected behaviour.

However, I have found that these issues are not present if you create your report using an alternative manner.

Within the 'Execution Work Item Area' folder:

* select the 'Test Case Name' column from the 'Execution Work Item' table
* select the 'Current Result Verdict' column from the 'Execution Work Item' table
* select the 'Name' column from the 'Execution Work Item Related Test Suites' table

Hope that works.

Rizwan

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | answered Feb 04 '11, 11:55 a.m.
I'm having the same issues.
Deleted items are being displayed!
Suites, Cases and results had been deleted by they show up in the rport!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.