It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to save TER

Nalini Vallurupalli (111) | asked May 13 '11, 2:04 p.m.
After creating a TER for the testcase I click on the save button and it displays a message that it has saved the TER. But in the TER section for the ID it still shows the temporary id that it generated. After giving it a couple of minutes when I refresh the view the TER that is generated is lost.

It happens consistently for a test case but not all of them so not sure what is causing this.

Any ideas in resolving this is greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
Nalini.

One answer

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 14 '11, 5:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After creating a TER for the testcase I click on the save button and it displays a message that it has saved the TER. But in the TER section for the ID it still shows the temporary id that it generated. After giving it a couple of minutes when I refresh the view the TER that is generated is lost.

It happens consistently for a test case but not all of them so not sure what is causing this.

Any ideas in resolving this is greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
Nalini.

Most likely you are trying to create a "duplicate" TER.

For a given Test Case, RQM will not allow you to create a TER that has the same plan, milestone and environment of an existing TER. You should look for an existing TER that meets these criteria and if that is the plan/milestone/environment you are testing, then use the existing TER.

Unfortunately the RQM UI doesn't communicate this will and it looks like the TER disappears. The UI experience has been improved in RQM 3.0.1 via this work item:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/49634

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.