It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM export via xml - speed problem

nicolas Barbier (111) | asked May 02 '11, 4:23 p.m.
Hello,

I am using a ssis package to extract test case data from RQM via SQL to create reports. As this method is not recommanded and supported, I'm trying to switch to XML export via the API.
I got the export working with bits from RQMUrlUtility but the XML files creation seems really slow. It takes about 5 minutes to create files for a project where it would take about 30s via sql to load and process the data.
The project has about 1500 entries exported.

The response was sometimes slow when I tested with Poster so i don't think it comes from the java program.
Is there anything I could change in the RQM configuration to speed up the process? Before I try installing RQM on another server.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 19 '12, 11:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nicolas
1. In case you are using RQM v3.0.1 or above, wondering why you could not generate same report within RQM or create your own custom report using RRDI. That should work faster for you. Please provide if there is any reason for using external reporting

2. Regarding the XML GET through REST API, the speed really depends upon various factors like for a TestPlan it could have many references links like Testcase, Testsuite, Environment etc... So as the amount of referenced data increased so performance is also affected. I would suggest you to query for selective data, in that case XML will not contain full data but what you have queried for. See RQM API for more info.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.