It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plain .zip installer for RTC 3.0?

Eric Lee (1462412) | asked Jan 17 '11, 5:00 p.m.
Hey guys,

Apologies if this is a dumb question - I remember there used to be an option to install RTC as a simple .zip file. I could not find a download like that for 3.0. The Linux box I have in mind for the install doesn't have a browser installed on it, so a .zip or cmd-line install would be ideal.

Thanks,

Eric.

2 answers

permanent link
Sean G Wilbur (87212421) | answered Jan 18 '11, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you have X access or are you looking for cli only? In 3.x the IM installer is the primary way to install RTC and JFS, so if you don't have access to the gui you will need to investigate the silent install options for Installation Manager(IM).

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_command-line_installation.html

-Sean

permanent link
Eric Lee (1462412) | answered Jan 19 '11, 2:41 p.m.
I don't have X on that particular machine so I was looking for another option.

I've found a Windows server to use so I should be OK from here on out.

Just a bit of feedback - I looked at Jazz/RTC a couple of years ago when it was first released and one of the things I really liked was how easy it was to setup.

I realize those versions were much simpler, but it was just unzip, start server and you're ready to go.

There just seems like a lot more to do now to get RTC setup. I'm sure there are many more great features, but I do kind of miss the easy setup.

Thanks,

Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.