It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing a WI Type - Possible to take over the Status ?

Christophe Lucas (86234948) | asked Jan 16 '11, 10:23 a.m.
I have this complicated Customer OpenUP-based Project Area situation:
* hundreds of Tasks exist already (Default OpenUP WI of type 'Task' associated to OpenUP 'Default Workflow')
* hundreds of Tasks_bis exist already (Custom WI of type 'Task_bis' associated to Custom 'Task_bis' Workflow)

The request is to cleanup the situation, i.e.:
* Change all existing Tasks to Task_bis WI type
* ultimately get-rid of the Task WI Type so it does not appear in the 'New WI' menu anymore (only Task_bis should be kept)

I thought about changing all existing Tasks WI type to Task_bis - via bulk-update with Eclipse client.
However, when changing a Task type to Task_bis type, the Status automatically gets re-set to Task_bis 'New' Status, whatever the original Task Status was (e.g. changing a 'Resolved' Task to Task_bis type will work, but Task_bis will always have 'New' Status).

--> Question: when changing a WI's Type from 'WI_A' to 'WI_B', is there a way (before doing the update) to somehow map the 'WI_A' Status to a desired corresponding 'WI_B' Status - so it doesn't get systematically set to WI_B 'New' Status ?

Any insight welcome ...

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.