It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure RTC SCM connection to CC?

knut renvall (611) | asked Jan 12 '11, 9:09 a.m.
Tried to find the RSS feed: TN0006: Deploying Rational Team Concert into a ClearCase/ClearQuest Environment.

This feed might have been able to help me with the steps of installing and configuring e.g. the synchronization host, in order to create a ClearCase Synchronized Stream.
I am trying to understand what this synchronization host is and how to configure it in order to be able to run the "RTC SCM synch wizard", that at the moment runs mkview command with almost no settings. When trying to create a view for the stream in our project, I then found out that we hadn't even thought of the synchronization host, which could be the thing that solves our problems that today result in the mkview command failing, not being able to create a view.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 12 '11, 10:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Knut,

the technotes and other articles can be found in the Library http://jazz.net/library/article/68.

The synchronization host is a machine that has ClearCase and the Clear Case Synchronizer software installed and running. The Synchronizer interfaces to Clear Case reading its information and communicates it to the RTC server.

thanks,

Ralph

Tried to find the RSS feed: TN0006: Deploying Rational Team Concert into a ClearCase/ClearQuest Environment.

This feed might have been able to help me with the steps of installing and configuring e.g. the synchronization host, in order to create a ClearCase Synchronized Stream.
I am trying to understand what this synchronization host is and how to configure it in order to be able to run the "RTC SCM synch wizard", that at the moment runs mkview command with almost no settings. When trying to create a view for the stream in our project, I then found out that we hadn't even thought of the synchronization host, which could be the thing that solves our problems that today result in the mkview command failing, not being able to create a view.

permanent link
knut renvall (611) | answered Jan 13 '11, 9:39 a.m.
And the answer when using your link is:
"
Our apologies...

The library item that you requested cannot be found. It might have been removed, or is temporarily unavailable.
"

Br, Knut Renvall

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 13 '11, 10:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry Knut,

yes the link is indeed broken. I followed the link provided to let them know which one is broken.

In the meantime I exported the Technote as PDF and sent it to you.

Ralph

And the answer when using your link is:
"
Our apologies...

The library item that you requested cannot be found. It might have been removed, or is temporarily unavailable.
"

Br, Knut Renvall

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.