It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight 1.0.1 Install failure - /tmp

Eoghan Considine (101139) | asked Dec 23 '10, 5:32 a.m.
I am having problems installing Insight 1.0.1 on Linux.

The IBMIM installer gets so far but tries to use /tmp to copy in app3059367223385102362.ear which is almost 500MB in size. My /tmp is only 500MB.

Is there anyway to get the installer to use a different /tmp?

I have tried setting TMP, TMPDIR and TEMPDIR to larger filesystem.

com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7116E: Cannot copy file "UA/INSIGHThelp.war" to file "/tmp/app4661717422739740252.war"

2 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Dec 23 '10, 8:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Eoghan,

You've hit the problem right on. There is not enough space in you /tmp directory.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wxdinfo/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.messages.doc/com.ibm.ws.scripting.resources.wscpMessage.html

However, the issue is with the WebSphere deployment script not the Insight installer (although to be fair the Insight installer does make the call to the WebSphere deployment script). Most of the information that I have found on this issue recommends that you increase the size of the /tmp directory. This of course may not be possible.

I found one potential solution that involves logging in to the WAS administratrive console after WAS has been installed to change the tmp directory. This may be difficult if you are relying on the Insight installer to install WAS for you.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/lwm/v1r0/topic/com.ibm.lwm.doc_1.0/inst_wps_tempdir.html

An option that should work but will require more manual steps is to select to manually install the application server. In this case you will need to manually install WebSphere and then manually install the Insight application. You can leave out the documentation/help in this case to avoid having to increase the size of the /tmp directory.

permanent link
Eoghan Considine (101139) | answered Dec 29 '10, 10:26 a.m.
So we were able to expand /tmp to 2G and the install has completed sucessfully.

Thanks Lawrence.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.