It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enabled IBM Cognos Administration

Ashwin Manekar (1123) | asked Nov 18 '10, 1:14 p.m.
I am using Rational Insight 1.0.0.2 and it uses Cognos 8.4. When I click on Launch, I don't see the option for IBM Cognos Administration. I have the administrator access to this system. I have tried to look into the IBM Cognos Configuration but don't know what do I need to do to see this option.

FYI: There are other users who can see the above option but somehow my userid is not able to view IBM Cognos Administration.

Thanks for the pointers.

Comments
Leonardo Marzo commented Aug 21 '12, 11:12 a.m.

Ashwin, I'm experimenting the same problem. Were you able to solve it? How? Thanks

Jackie Albert commented Aug 21 '12, 2:31 p.m.

This is usually a Cognos roles and permissions issue, and your ID is not in the right groups to be able to view Cognos Administration

2 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Nov 19 '10, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
From your description it sounds like your system is up and running and configured correctly with the exception of your user permissions.

When reviewing your user permissions it is of note that functionality can be enabled/disabled for a given user regardless or the users role. Think of the role as default permissions. I would start by having someone with access to Cognos Administration review your specific access with respect to Cognos Administration.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 21 '12, 3:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You may want to have one of the other users check to see if you are in the "System Administrators" group, or if the "Administration" capability (under Administration -> Security -> Capabilities) has been modified to exclude certain groups that you might be a member of.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.