It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Comparison or Integration with Clarity / Niku

Vanessa Foster-Dotson (3664) | asked Dec 09 '10, 6:40 p.m.
Has anyone run across a comparison or integration between RTC and Clarity (http://www.ca.com/us/project-portfolio-management.aspx) which used to be Niku? Thank you!

4 answers

permanent link
Tony DeFarlo (1262314) | answered Dec 11 '10, 9:06 a.m.
I've asked around and have not found anything. IBM got my excited when they said they purchased Clarity, but it turns out it was Clarity Systems, not the Clarity the project management software.

I plan on having a development team in my firm work on RTC to Clarity integration starting in February

permanent link
Vanessa Foster-Dotson (3664) | answered Dec 11 '10, 10:15 a.m.
I've asked around and have not found anything. IBM got my excited when they said they purchased Clarity, but it turns out it was Clarity Systems, not the Clarity the project management software.

I plan on having a development team in my firm work on RTC to Clarity integration starting in February

Thank you for the reply. Please keep me posted if you hear anything or if you develop something that you would like to share.

Comments
sayali kajale commented Jul 03 '13, 6:11 a.m.

Hello Vanessa,

I am also currently working on integration of RTC with CA's Clarity PPM.
I have no idea as to how do I go about it.
As you mentioned that you have started working on the development of RTC with Clarity can you please guide me what all do I need to know about the development part? 

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Dec 12 '10, 5:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you for the reply. Please keep me posted if you hear anything or if you develop something that you would like to share.

What would be really nice is if Clarity customers could have a quiet chat to CA and suggest they look at contributing to the project management part of OSLC (see http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/PmHome), and building a Clarity interface.

If anyone is planning to build a Clarity integration, OSLC would be a good starting point too.

regards

anthony

anthony

permanent link
Danny Beerens (801827) | answered Aug 16 '12, 3:06 a.m.
Hi Tony,

Please keep me informed if you hear anything or if you develop something that you would like to share.

There are some 3rd parties out there that provide an integration (platform). Kovair's Omnibus (http://www.kovair.com/index.php/omnibus-solutions/open-services-for-lifecycle-collaboration-oslc-integration) looks promising; they have a nice story. Does anyone have experience with Omnibus?

With kind regards,
        Danny

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 03 '13, 8:07 a.m.

note that Omnibus also provides an OSLC emulation layer for systems that do not provide it.

Tasktop Sync also provides an integration with CA Clarity. Tasktop is a polling solution, while Kovair Omnibus is event driven.

in my prior company, I did an extensive analysis of the two.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.