It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Version Control of Models - RTC SCM vs RDM

Vinay Kumar AV (17923837) | asked May 06 '16, 11:06 a.m.
Hi

With the RDM being the model management solution and RTC SCM being the Software Configuration solution, I have a few questions on its usability:

1. How do I trace a specific MATLAB/ SIMULINK model published onto RDM to a specific version of the model file in RTC? I am assuming that RTC SCM was used for version control of the .mdl / .slx files.

2. After code generation from models, how do I link the generated code to a model in RTC SCM and which version of the model is this code generated from.

Regards
Vinay

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 10 '16, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I am not an expert but I think you either put it in RDM or in RTC. Putting it in both is very hard to manage. Where to put depends on the tool capabilities and I can not answer for this specific case. I think it also depends if you do more than simulink and what you want to do with the models. 

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 03 '16, 8:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Starting in 6.0, the CLM tool suite has added the concept of a "Global Configuration".   A global configuration is a configuration that contains contributions form multiple applications (for example, from RDM and RTC).  There are "global components" (analogous to RTC components), and there are global streams and global baselines (analogous to RTC streams and baselines).   So the global configuration is what you would use to capture which model versions go with which RTC file versions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.