It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Time Tracking in RTC 3

Marco Bormann (1611910) | asked Dec 07 '10, 6:30 a.m.
I noticed in the database on the Jazz server, that time tracking in the final version of 3.0 is stored in milliseconds, while it was hours in 3.0 RC1. That is very nice since it should allow for entries of fractions of a hour. But how can I enter them, the editor refuses anything but integers?

4 answers

permanent link
Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | answered Dec 08 '10, 6:01 p.m.
Fractions of hours are required to make time tracking usable for many customer. I created the defect below. Please add your +1 and comments to encourage a quick fix.

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=141526

I noticed in the database on the Jazz server, that time tracking in the final version of 3.0 is stored in milliseconds, while it was hours in 3.0 RC1. That is very nice since it should allow for entries of fractions of a hour. But how can I enter them, the editor refuses anything but integers?

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Apr 20 '11, 9:38 a.m.
I'm trying to enable time traking on a Scrum based process template but it seems that it does not work. I still can't find any Time Tracking tab on client (web client too). It is possible to enable time tracking or it works only with Formal Project Manager Template?

Thanks,
Michele

permanent link
Case Taintor (1462116) | answered Jun 17 '11, 1:03 p.m.
Did you get any response to this question (about time tracking tab in Scrum template). The blog post seems to imply that you can add the time tracking tab to any work item, but I also cannot find it with the Scrum template.

permanent link
Case Taintor (1462116) | answered Jun 17 '11, 1:53 p.m.
I figured it out. Here's what you have to do...

1. Open your project in the Eclipse client.
2. Go to the process configuration
3. Go to Project Configuration->Configuration Data->Planning->Time Tracking.
4. Add some time codes.
5. You probably also want to go Project Configuration->Configuration Data->Planning->General and change your config to use Time Spent.
6. Go to the web view for your project (can use eclipse, but the web view is much easier for this...)
7. Go to the Work Items->Editor Presentations. Choose the default presentation.
8. Add a Time Tracking tab (use the Overview tab type as a base)
9. Add a Time Tracking section. Put it in the Description area.
10. Add a presentation to the Time Tracking section. Choose non-attribute-based presentation, then choose Time Sheet Table.
11. Save

Done!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.