It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client cannot connect to repository

John Hetrick (261012) | asked Nov 29 '10, 3:22 p.m.
RRC 2.0.0.3
- RRCS, on RHEL 5.3
- RRCC, on Windows 7

When I try to connect my client to the server/repository I get the following error:

CRRRC2260E The connection to the repository does not work.
Reason: Either the username or the password is not valid.

I know the username and password are valid as I can login using the browser with the same credentials.

I verified that I setup the RRC server using .../rdm/setup and not .../jazz/setup.

Thanks,
jxh

7 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 29 '10, 8:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RRC 2.0.0.3
- RRCS, on RHEL 5.3
- RRCC, on Windows 7

When I try to connect my client to the server/repository I get the following error:

I know the username and password are valid as I can login using the browser with the same credentials.

I verified that I setup the RRC server using .../rdm/setup and not .../jazz/setup.

Thanks,
jxh

Not sure, but when you look at the rdm admin page https://<host>:9443/rdm/admin do you see the project listed on this page?

If so click "Manage Project" on the top right, then select the Project and ensure that your user is a member of the project, and has write access role either author or adminstrator roles.

If this all works I am not sure.

permanent link
John Hetrick (261012) | answered Nov 29 '10, 10:12 p.m.
RRC 2.0.0.3
- RRCS, on RHEL 5.3
- RRCC, on Windows 7

Thanks,
jxh

Not sure, but when you look at the rdm admin page https://<host>:9443/rdm/admin do you see the project listed on this page?

If so click "Manage Project" on the top right, then select the Project and ensure that your user is a member of the project, and has write access role either author or adminstrator roles.

Thanks for the response. The user has admin and project rights. The problem is more basic than project rights. It is simply getting to the server and repo that access is denied.

jxh

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Dec 03 '10, 9:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RRC 2.0.0.3
- RRCS, on RHEL 5.3
- RRCC, on Windows 7

Thanks,
jxh

Thanks for the response. The user has admin and project rights. The problem is more basic than project rights. It is simply getting to the server and repo that access is denied.

jxh

Do you have access to the jazz server user profile, if so, do you see a check mark against jazzuser, and an RRC license (author) assigned to the user?

permanent link
John Hetrick (261012) | answered Dec 04 '10, 9:46 a.m.
RRC 2.0.0.3
- RRCS, on RHEL 5.3
- RRCC, on Windows 7

Thanks,
jxh

jxh

Do you have access to the jazz server user profile, if so, do you see a check mark against jazzuser, and an RRC license (author) assigned to the user?

Thanks to all for the responses. It turns out the DNS was not turned on in the network which I was told it was. I updated the etc/hosts file to find the server and got things working.

This was odd though, In RRCC in the dialog box for connecting to the repository, I got error msgs using either the IP address or the host name. Only when I updated the etc/hosts file did things work.

Anyway I consider this thread closed at this point. Again thanks for the help.
jxh

permanent link
Jakub Kania (6) | answered Dec 06 '10, 3:31 a.m.
Hi, I'm having similar problem or at least the same symptoms RC client is not able to connect to the repository and returns following error

I have confirmed user/pass I can easily log in via browser. To make that even more odd the RCC client connection works fine from my other workstation (both are WinXP).

I was trying defining connection using IP as well as hostname without any success.

permanent link
Robert Thompson (31274) | answered Apr 22 '11, 3:41 p.m.
Hi, I'm having similar problem or at least the same symptoms RC client is not able to connect to the repository and returns following error

I have confirmed user/pass I can easily log in via browser. To make that even more odd the RCC client connection works fine from my other workstation (both are WinXP).

I was trying defining connection using IP as well as hostname without any success.

I had similar problem, it turned out to be the user name is case sensitive from the RRC client. Check out link: http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9575

permanent link
Justin Wang (1511615) | answered May 04 '11, 11:04 a.m.

I am experiencing the same problem... I am using IP and not using LDAP..

The error msg I got is as following:

com.ibm.rdm.client.api.util.AuthenticationException: CRRRC2102E An unexpected error was caught while attempting to login: Connection refused: connect
at com.ibm.rdm.client.api.util.AuthenticationUtil.isAuthorized(AuthenticationUtil.java:227)
at com.ibm.rdm.repository.client.utils.RepositoryUtil.isUserAuthorized(RepositoryUtil.java:94)
at com.ibm.rdm.ui.explorer.editparts.RepositoryEditPart$QueryForProjectsJob.run(RepositoryEditPart.java:375)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

however, the same address is accessible from web..

To me, it seems that it is more likely a bug there?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.