It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create access group in Rational CLM 6.0.1

swapna das (3324571) | asked Jan 09 '17, 8:35 a.m.
retagged Jan 20 '17, 5:09 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

HI team,

We are using Rational CLM 6.0.1 , as per our requirement we have created 'n' number of project areas and under each project area 'n' number of team areas are there .

We are having a requirement to add a particular group of users to all the project area and team areas who will have the read only access only. For that we have created a specific role and adding the users to each and every team area with the new role , which is a time consuming process.

Is there any feature available in RTC/RQM/DNG by using which we can create a group with specific role and by simply adding the user to the group , the user will automatically get the access ? It will save our time and effort.

3 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jan 09 '17, 12:15 p.m.
edited Jan 09 '17, 12:35 p.m.

Up to 6.0.3 there is no such feature available in Jazz applications except for SCM.

SCM read-access can be handled with access groups defined within administration section of a CCM project area.
In an access group you can have teams from other PA's. 

There are several RFE's and Enhance  requests pending in this area.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 10 '17, 6:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The SCM part was not available until 6.0.3. The CM part was available longer. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/manage-access-control-permissions-for-work-items-and-versionables/ and the related articles.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 09 '17, 6:41 p.m.

Since you're talking about read-only access across the repository, the JazzGuests "repository role" seems to be the natural choice to me. You don't need to worry about permissions in individual project areas as all changes are denied.

See Table 3 in the below link.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_permissions.html

Comments
swapna das commented Jan 17 '17, 1:20 a.m.

Hi Donald,

I have provided the user as JazzGuests "Repository role ", and I have not added the user to any of the project  area in the tool. When I logged in with the user id , it is not showing any project  area and it is not allowing the user to access to any project  area.

So after providing the user Jazz Guests role , do I need to add the user to each and every project area and provide a specific role to the user manually ?

anoop mc commented Jan 18 '17, 4:25 a.m.

Hi Swapna,

Until you add a particular user, a member of project area he will not see the projects.
also under the roles section for a user there is a permission option where you can choose the privilege for a particular role.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 20 '17, 5:09 p.m.

This tutorial provides a good overview of access control and access groups:  Control access to project areas and their artifacts.

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.