It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Move/Copy precondition

Kyle Christianson (1261615) | asked Nov 22 '10, 12:18 p.m.
Hi, I need to write a precondition to run when a user performs the Move/Copy action (to move or copy a work item to a different project area). I tried using the WorkItemSave operation, but my precondition did not run. I could not find an operation id for the Move/Copy action. How can I write a precondition for this action?

Kyle Christianson
IBM STG Rational Solutions Team

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Nov 30 '10, 6:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I need to write a precondition to run when a user performs the Move/Copy action (to move or copy a work item to a different project area). I tried using the WorkItemSave operation, but my precondition did not run. I could not find an operation id for the Move/Copy action. How can I write a precondition for this action?

Kyle Christianson
IBM STG Rational Solutions Team

I'm not sure what operation runs when you move a work item, but I would expect it to be the normal work item save operation. Are your precondition is correctly configured in the target project area? Does it get invoked if you perform any other work item modification?

By the way, this thread may have been overlooked by the work item team because there's no mention of work items in the subject.

- Jared

permanent link
Kyle Christianson (1261615) | answered Dec 01 '10, 9:10 a.m.
Thanks for the reply. I actually already figured out what was wrong. I realized that I had the bulk move/copy plug-in installed in my client, which must have bypassed the save operation. Once I removed this plug-in, the normal work item save operation ran and my precondition ran as expected too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.