It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Composite Snapshot similar to composite baseline in Clearcase

Vivek Pandey (4321538) | asked May 23 '16, 2:47 a.m.
edited May 23 '16, 5:30 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 Hi,

Is there any way , i can create composite snapshot in RTC ( similar to Composite baseline concept in Clearcase UCM), So that while creating snapshot on my current component, I can specify , which other component snapshots to include, so that I have single snapshot to deal with while creating new streams , comparison , merges etc.. ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 23 '16, 4:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
An RTC Snapshot is, by definition, a composite baseline selecting the current baselines of the components in the stream/workspace or creating a new baseline on a component and selecting that, if required.
There is no UI I would be aware of to create a snapshot other than by creating the snapshot on a repository workspace/stream. However, you can compose a repository workspace or stream by adding component baselines and creating a snapshot on that repository workspace (without forcing new baselines) to create a snapshot from existing component baselines.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vivek Pandey commented May 24 '16, 1:48 a.m.

Thanks Ralph ! That's a good idea.

However, is there any plan to add such feature / capability within SCM command line itself , within 'SCM create snapshot' command ?

Ralph Schoon commented May 24 '16, 2:16 a.m.

I am not a product manager, so I don't know plans. You can create a repository workspace and add component baselines in the SCM command line and then create the snapshot, so I don't see why there would be a pressure to do so. It is basically doable today in the UI and the SCM command line using normal commands.

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 25 '16, 1:25 a.m.
Starting with RTC-6.0, RTC provides direct support for composite baselines.
See: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0?p=news#SCM_hierarchy
In 6.0, it was just via the command line, but GUI support was added in 6.0.1 and enhanced further in 6.0.2.
So you can still use snapshots for one-level hierarchies, but for multi-level hierarchies (and for a more consistent baselining model), use the 6.0 composite baselines.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.