It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reverting a stream to an earlier snapshot

jim herron (814427) | asked Feb 04 '11, 2:25 p.m.
I can revert a workspace to an earlier snapshot, but the only way I can find to to revert the stream is to do the following.

1. Revert a contributing workspace
2. Replace each component of the stream with the component from the workspace.

This is tedious for a stream with many components. Is there a better way?

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 04 '11, 2:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can revert a workspace to an earlier snapshot, but the only way I can find to to revert the stream is to do the following.

1. Revert a contributing workspace
2. Replace each component of the stream with the component from the workspace.

This is tedious for a stream with many components. Is there a better way?
Do you have the workspace loaded to disk? It would be faster if you used a workspace that was tracked instead of having content loaded on disk.

You could also try creating a new workspace from the snapshot and loading it as tracked. Perform a replace in stream with that workspace. That might be faster than reverting a current workspace. Then you can delete this workspace after you've done the replace in stream.

Or do you mean you're finding it tedious replacing component after component? The above method would avoid having to replace each component with the one from the snapshot.

permanent link
jim herron (814427) | answered Feb 04 '11, 2:47 p.m.
I did mean replacing component after component. The "replace in" function is what I want. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.