It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

View report builder in english

Ilona Krammer (159449) | asked Sep 21 '16, 9:08 a.m.
Where does the report builder get its language setting from? I have a browser set to English, I have an English operating system - and I'm still getting the thing in German. And actually it's not exactly obvious what people where trying to translate and say all the time so I really need an English version to find stuff - besides we have some English only people at our site and we need to change the language setting for them, otherwise they won't be able to work at all.

unfortunately I couldn't find anything at all about that topic in my search. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. It's quite infuriating really...

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 21 '16, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ilona, the localization is derived from preferred browser language. This is a standard.
See this questions answer if you want more details: How to switch localization to English on machines with different regional settings.
Ilona Krammer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ilona Krammer commented Sep 22 '16, 2:26 a.m.

I had read that the language is retrieved from the language the browser was installed in, but indeed there was a setting (that I had never needed before) to then set the language again. I completely overlooked that - thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.