It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Require WI approval precondition not working as expected

David Rostocil (911410) | asked Sep 15 '10, 1:37 p.m.
I am having a problem with the require work item approval precondition. It was recently enabled in a scrum process to ensure change sets delivered by Team Members also have an approval from a Scrum Master. Some Team Members are unable to deliver, even with the required approval, and get this error message: "The associated work item (#) does not meet the specified approval requirements". If I disable the require work item approval precondition the same Team Member is then able to deliver. I have double and triple checked that the approval meets the requirement (1 Scrum Master approval).

The process configuration is fairly advanced, with several layers of teams and a good amount of customization. I did not create the process so I am not completely familiar with its design, but I believe I have limited the cause of the problem accurately. Has a similar problem been reported? Can I do anything to further debug the situation?

Thanks,
-Dave

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Sep 16 '10, 11:29 a.m.
Did you make sure that the user has the correct approval type that was setup in the process. The users must have created the matching approval type (Approval, Review or Verification).

permanent link
David Rostocil (911410) | answered Sep 16 '10, 11:33 a.m.
Yes, the work items have the correct 'Approval' type.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 16 '10, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
David,

I have not seen this. But the operational behavior can be complex, because it does not cumulate all behaviors but traverses the configuration in the timeline, team hierarchy, all given roles etc. and picks the first matching behavior of one kind.

You can find a pretty good descriotion if you search in the library for "behavior".

The only thing that comes into my mind would be that these users have several roles and the behavior picks up something unexpected.

Otherwise you can open a work item.

Ralph

Yes, the work items have the correct 'Approval' type.

permanent link
David Rostocil (911410) | answered Sep 16 '10, 12:09 p.m.
Thanks Ralph, we have opened a work item: http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=132247

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.