It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm load insists on loading into sandbox root <C:\> bu

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | asked Sep 01 '10, 11:40 a.m.
Explored the scmtools on Windows and got stuck with load after successfully creating new repository workspace:

C:\>lscm create workspace -r ghu scmtools_workspace -s "Operational Infrastructure Team Stream"
Workspace (1009) "scmtools_workspace" successfully created

Verify the workspace has been creatred by listing it::
C:\>lscm -a y list workspaces -r ghu
(1009) "scmtools_workspace"

But can't load it into any place other than C:\, which I don't want to:

Checked scm help load:
workspace-path
Files and folders from the specified workspace will be loaded into this path name. The path name is created if it does not already exist. If this option is omitted, scm load creates a new local folder as a subdirectory of the current working directory. The new folder has the name of the specified workspace.

Based on that, I assume I can specify any directory to load to on my local drive but I can't:

C:\>lscm load scmtools_workspace -d c:\scmtools_workspace -r ghu
Problem running 'load':
Must load in sandbox root (C:\). To load into a descendent specify the path with target.

I tried wihtout the -d option but it doesn't create a new local folder as a subdirectory of the current working directory as it just tried to load all the folders in the component under C:\, failed because of the name confliction.

Eventually I tried to use -i option to load component roots as directories in the filesystem and it worked:
C:\>lscm load scmtools_workspace -i -r ghu

How has the sandbox root been decided? Could it be changed?
Why scm load -d doesn't work as it is documented? Should I raise a bug for it?

6 answers

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | answered Sep 01 '10, 11:57 a.m.
And I don't find unload command so how do I unload a loaded workspace as in Eclipse Client?

Hw do I delete/remove a workspace created via scmtools?

I am told that Do not use Rational Team Concert source control command line tools to work in an Eclipse workspace.

But can I work on scmtools workspace via Eclipse client so I can unload or delete them?

permanent link
Paul Brabban (6) | answered Sep 06 '10, 8:29 a.m.
I have the same problem when trying to do a Maven release; any advice or help appreciated!

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building MyProject
[INFO] task-segment: [release:perform] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] [release:perform {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
[INFO] scmUrl - uname;pwd@https://myserver:myport/jazz:myrepositoryworkspaceid
[INFO] Scheme - https
[INFO] Command line - cmd.exe /X /C "scm load --repository-uri https://myserver:myport/jazz --username uname --password pwd --force --dir C:\builds\myproject\target\checkout myrepositoryworkspaceid"
[INFO] err - Problem running 'load':
Must load in sandbox root (C:\builds). To load into a descendent specify the path with target.

[ERROR] Error code for Jazz SCM checkout (load) command - 1
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Unable to checkout from SCM
Provider message:
Error code for Jazz SCM checkout (load) command - 1
Command output:
Problem running 'load':
Must load in sandbox root (C:\builds). To load into a descendent specify the path with target.

And I don't find unload command so how do I unload a loaded workspace as in Eclipse Client?

Hw do I delete/remove a workspace created via scmtools?

I am told that Do not use Rational Team Concert source control command line tools to work in an Eclipse workspace.

But can I work on scmtools workspace via Eclipse client so I can unload or delete them?

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Sep 07 '10, 7:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
-d option should create the directory if one does not exist. The error "Must load in sandbox root" happens if you have already run a load on a directory (say c:\test, which will be set as the sandbox root) and run another load and specified a directory below the earlier loaded directory (say c:\test\abc).

When you use the -i option, it will create the component names as folders under the directory.

There is no command in scm cli to unload a workspace. All you have to do is delete the workspace directory manually.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Sep 07 '10, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The sandbox root will have a directory called .jazz5. If you delete that directory scm will stop recognizing that directory as its workspace.

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | answered Sep 07 '10, 11:24 a.m.
Thanks.
I verified that after manually removing the C:\jazz5 folder and the loaded componet folders under, I can use scm load to get my repository workspace loaded into a folder I specify using -d.

Is this documented somewhere in RTC documentation?

If not it would be helpful to others to add it in next release.

permanent link
Gilbert Maredi (4683) | answered Nov 23 '10, 8:45 a.m.
Problems occurred running sharing projects.

Reason:The workspace directory 'C:\' is contained within sandbox 'C:\' which is not supported

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.