It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to display time remaining in plan views?

Mark Ingebretson (58515236) | asked Mar 08 '13, 11:36 a.m.
We switched a project from using Time Spent to Time Remaining.  It's working in work item views.  But when configuring a plan view to add a Time Remaining column, the only option available is Time Spent.

I thought this was because of the single field to hold this Time Spent/Time Remaining information.  But when I look at the actual data in the plan views, it really is displaying Time Spent.

For example, a Task has an estimate of 12 hours.  The value displayed as Time Remaining in the work item presentation is 4 hours.

The column labeled "Time Spent" in the plan view for that Task displays 8 hours.

How can we display Time Remaining in a plan view?  The server is running 4.0.0.1.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 08 '13, 3:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 As far as I know, unfortunately the presentation in the work item attribute presentation calculates time remaining and estimate to time spent and then displays the result. So, unfortunately I think you have to display time spent and estimate and then do the math. The related work item to add a real time remaining attribute has unfortunately not being addressed yet, as far as I know.
Mark Ingebretson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mark Ingebretson commented Mar 11 '13, 9:46 a.m.

Thanks for the info, Ralph.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.