It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to setup read-only property to an attribute in Query Editor Presentations configuration

SatyaPrameela Sabbarapu (152) | asked Jul 17 '20, 1:31 a.m.

Hi,

We have implemented a script based calculated value to store dates in one custom attribute. And this custom attribute should not be manually edited. So, we have made this attribute as Read-Only through "Editor Presentations". 

Now when we create the workitem and try to change this custom attribute, it is not editable and does not allow us to change manually. Upto this, the script is working fine as expected.But while further testing, we observed that this custom attribute is editable through queries screen.

After getting the query results, when we try to edit a workitem through "Edit multiple Workitems" option then we observed that this custom attribute is allowing us to modify manually.

We couldnt understand why it is behaving like this in Query editor and didnt identify any way to make this attribute as read-only in query screen.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 28 '20, 7:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The only option I would be aware of is to set the Attribute itself as Read Only (and not the editor presentation). Then it should not matter if it is shown in a plan or a query or whatever. I am not sure if this works. I haven't tried it for a long time. But it would be the only useful scenario I could think of to allow a calculated value and prevent the user from editing it.

SatyaPrameela Sabbarapu selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915136) | answered Jul 17 '20, 2:00 a.m.
edited Jul 17 '20, 2:00 a.m.

Hi,

May be you need to set the attribute as read-only in Editor Presentation in the other editor views like in-line work item editor view and others ? 

Have you tried it as well ?

Let me know.

Best Regards,
Bharath

Comments
SatyaPrameela Sabbarapu commented Jul 22 '20, 10:34 a.m.

Hi,

Apologies for delay and thanks for the response.

Yes. We have verified the in-line editors and this custom attribute is not added in the details section of editor which we are using.

Basically when we try to edit a single workitem from the query results, then this custom attribute is not displaying in the edit workitem page which is expected as per the inline editor configuration. So, there is no issue here.

But when we try to modify multiple workitems from option "Edit Multiple Workitems" button, then the issue appears. Here, all the attributes that are selected for results column are displaying with a "+" icon in the headers which allows us to edit that attribute.

I'm not sure whether this can be fixed by changing some configuration or by code change only.

SatyaPrameela Sabbarapu commented Jul 28 '20, 3:25 a.m.

Hi,

Can someone please check this and help me sort this issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.