It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insalling on Windows 7

Chris Barlock (18814738) | asked Sep 01 '10, 10:31 a.m.
I'm trying to install RTC-Eclipse-Client-2.0.0.2-Win32-Local.zip on a Windows 7 box. When I start launchpad.exe, I see the first two links for the Installation Guide and updating a previous installation, but under "New Installation?" there is nothing. When I do this on an XP machine, there is the help text about installing one or more client installations and the link to install RTC for the Eclipse IDE. Any idea what the problem might be?

Chris

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 01 '10, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm trying to install RTC-Eclipse-Client-2.0.0.2-Win32-Local.zip on a Windows 7 box. When I start launchpad.exe, I see the first two links for the Installation Guide and updating a previous installation, but under "New Installation?" there is nothing. When I do this on an XP machine, there is the help text about installing one or more client installations and the link to install RTC for the Eclipse IDE. Any idea what the problem might be?

Chris

Hi Chris

Have you tried running launchpad as an administrator? It may not have access to configuration files (this is just a guess).

Another idea - what version of W7 are you on - Prof or Ultimate, or something else?

anthony

permanent link
Chris Barlock (18814738) | answered Sep 02 '10, 9:41 a.m.
I am logged in as an administrator, but right-clicking on the launchpad.exe and trying Run as Administrator doesn't make any difference. I'm on Windows 7 Professional -- the development C4EB build that is available through the lifeboat installation tool.

What does the launchpad run to kick off the actual install? Perhaps I can bypass the launchpad.

Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.