It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieving build definition properties

Victor Campbell (3502618) | asked Aug 31 '10, 10:44 a.m.
In my build definition, under the "Ant" tab, I'm setting parameters "Ant home" and "Java home". I'm also creating an output file using the parameter "properties file".

The text says the properties file is "an output file that will contain all build definition, build engine, and built-in properties used in the build". But, what I don't see in the output file are the properties "Ant home" or "Java home". Does the system record this information, or should I use the "echo" task in my ant build file to send these parameters to the build log?

One answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Sep 02 '10, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not all configuration info in the build definition is made available as build properties. In this case, "Ant home" and "Java home" are kept as internal configuration properties, which don't come through as regular build properties.

I suggest defining build properties for these in the definition, then using property substitution in the corresponding fields.
e.g. add a property with name="antHome" and set its value as appropriate, then in the Ant home field, put: ${antHome}

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.