It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

An error occurred while creating database tables. Please try

Flemming Ask Sørensen (401114) | asked Dec 16 '11, 6:56 a.m.
I get the error listed at "Error Messages" when I try to create the table from RTC setup when using our enterprice db2 database. The db2 server is hosted in a unix environment.
The db2 user I use here is a local user. I tested if the user is OK and we can logon with that user.
We have given this user all privilige to the DB2 databases except SECADM
We are using server connection. (SecurityMechanism=0)
If I test the conenction to the database with ODBC from my own laptop I can connect. My laptop is XP. When I got the server and try to test with ODBC there is only a DataDirect driver in the 32 bit version of ODBC, but that works OK.
When pressing Test conenction in the RTC setup it respond with "The database exists, but is not configured to contain Jazz. Use the "Create Tables" button in Step 3 to configure the database for Jazz.ID CRJAZ1567I"1

As a test I installed a DB2 v9.7 express on the same server a RTC is installed on. A ewindows 2008 r2 server. Here I can connect and create all the tables.

-----------------------------------------
Error message:
--------------
An error occurred while creating database tables. Please try again.ID CRJAZ1571E
hide details
The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size. at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.shouldCreateNewTablespace(Db2Provider.java:467) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.shouldCreateNewDataTablespace(Db2Provider.java:448) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.createTablespaces(Db2Provider.java:337) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.prepareDbForInitialization(Db2Provider.java:291) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy151.prepareDbForInitialization(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractDatabaseService.internalCreateAllSchemas(AbstractDatabaseService.java:189) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService$1.run(DatabaseCreationService.java:48) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionRunnable.runWithResult(ConnectionRunnable.java:40) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionRunnable.run(ConnectionRunnable.java:34) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$Transaction.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:458) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$1.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:285) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:379) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy153.withCurrentConnection(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:281) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runExclusive(RepositoryDatabase.java:259) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService.runExclusive(TransactionService.java:139) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy168.runExclusive(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService.createAllSchemas(DatabaseCreationService.java:43) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService.createAllSchemas(DatabaseCreationService.java:39) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy202.createAllSchemas(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.DatabaseCreationRestService$1.run(DatabaseCreationRestService.java:50) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811) Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-443, SQLSTATE=38553, SQLERRMC=SYSPROC.SNAPSHOT_TBS_CFG;SNAPSHOT_TBS_CFG;, DRIVER=3.57.82 at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.bd.a(bd.java:679) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.bd.a(bd.java:60) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.bd.a(bd.java:127) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.zl.b(zl.java:3760) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.zl.a(zl.java:3742) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.a(db.java:792) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.m(db.java:762) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.i(db.java:245) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.c(db.java:53) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.t.c(t.java:44) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.sb.i(sb.java:147) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.km.gb(km.java:1985) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.lm.b(lm.java:3576) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.lm.Vb(lm.java:654) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.lm.executeQuery(lm.java:628) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.stat.PreparedStatementStatWrapper.executeQuery(PreparedStatementStatWrapper.java:57) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.errlog.PreparedStatementErrLogWrapper.executeQuery(PreparedStatementErrLogWrapper.java:75) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.leak.PreparedStatementLeakWrapper.executeQuery(PreparedStatementLeakWrapper.java:54) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.getTablespaceSize(Db2Provider.java:588) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.shouldCreateNewTablespace(Db2Provider.java:454) ... 49 more

2 answers

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Jun 18 '14, 7:46 a.m.
Hi All,

We encountered the same problem and we figured out that this error message is also thrown when the database version is not compatible with the CLM/RELM.  Please make sure that your db2 version is listed in the supported software.

regards,
Somashakar Kannan

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Dec 16 '11, 10:26 a.m.
There is anther posts about this:

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6303

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.