It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attributes seem to disappear after RQM upgrade

Walter Mansur (63613017) | asked Aug 24 '10, 9:48 a.m.
We recently upgraded Rational Quality Manager v2.0.1 to iFix3. After the upgrade, a user of RQM here has reported the following:

"There used to be some attributes that used to show up right under view test case. These are same attributes that I use to organize and filter my base. System used to let me specify these upon creation of a new test case because I want to be able to say right off the bat if a test is just for a work order or it is part of the re-usable regression suite. I could also specify if test was part of an upgrade checklist or I could specify the use context or use case in which the test case fits I could say the specific use case like Root Cause Analysis or could indicate a generic use case like just say it is something that is part of Reporting. I could also state the Product version up front which is really cool."

I have never used the attributes that this user is talking about. Based on other information from this user, it appears that this user created the attributes in question. This was done in RQM v2.0.1 and earlier.

Is it possible that they may have been moved (or removed), as a result of the upgrade to iFix3 for RQM v2.0.1?

Thanks,

-Walter

3 answers

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Aug 26 '10, 10:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not sure if this really answers the question but I see test case categories as something that the user may be talking about. Can you please confirm ? These are still available and its possible for user to define various (based on function, phase, theme etc). The "view test cases" view allows test cases to be grouped by these categories.

permanent link
Samir Patel (6153) | answered Aug 27 '10, 1:20 p.m.
Not sure if this really answers the question but I see test case categories as something that the user may be talking about. Can you please confirm ? These are still available and its possible for user to define various (based on function, phase, theme etc). The "view test cases" view allows test cases to be grouped by these categories.

We had similar problem then day after it showup without any change to the install or configuration. it is weired issue with RQM 2.0.1 ifix003. If we are not the only one having this issue then Rational Quality Manager team should look into this.

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Aug 31 '10, 10:29 a.m.
Maneesh,

I pointed out the location of the Categories button to the user who reported this issue and it is what he is looking for. I had not been looking for this when I have used RQM. It may have been there all along and I just did not recognize it. It may have moved from a previous location, but it appears to be in a place that users can see it.

Thanks for you help,

- Walter

spatel,

Maneesh and I may need to come visit you. I have seen another post from you where something appears to be missing and then it reappears the next day. I would like to see the environment that you are working in that has this magical power. :)

We had similar problem then day after it showup without any change to the install or configuration. it is weired issue with RQM 2.0.1 ifix003. If we are not the only one having this issue then Rational Quality Manager team should look into this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.