It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Viewing Progress of Test Plan

Kristen Kowalski (643) | asked Aug 09 '10, 9:12 a.m.
What is the best way to see progress of a test plan? I am looking for an easy way to see how many scripts still need to be created or are just placeholders, requirements coverage, test cases left to executed, pass/fail status, % complete of the test plan etc? Would be nice to have on the summary page of the plan. I am not finding it easy to see this information in a summary view. Let me know.

Thanks!

Kristen

5 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 12 '10, 5:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kristin,
I think you should be able to get exactly what you need with our out of the box reports: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.reporting.doc/topics/c_reporting_overview.html
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

What is the best way to see progress of a test plan? I am looking for an easy way to see how many scripts still need to be created or are just placeholders, requirements coverage, test cases left to executed, pass/fail status, % complete of the test plan etc? Would be nice to have on the summary page of the plan. I am not finding it easy to see this information in a summary view. Let me know.

Thanks!

Kristen

permanent link
Kristen Kowalski (643) | answered Sep 15 '10, 1:31 p.m.
I am not finding any reports that analyze an entire test plans status. Can you point me to the report which would show me this information?

Hi Kristin,
I think you should be able to get exactly what you need with our out of the box reports: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.reporting.doc/topics/c_reporting_overview.html
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Thanks!

Kristen

permanent link
Samir Patel (6153) | answered Sep 21 '10, 2:20 p.m.
I am not finding any reports that analyze an entire test plans status. Can you point me to the report which would show me this information?

Hi Kristin,
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Thanks!

Kristen

We are looking for similar report. Let us know if you find a way to do it. We are also researching this using out of box reports before we install custom reporting tool.

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered May 12 '11, 8:46 a.m.

Hi Kristin,
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Thanks!

Kristen

We are looking for similar report. Let us know if you find a way to do it. We are also researching this using out of box reports before we install custom reporting tool.

This seems to be a fundamental task of test management. Have you had any update on how to get this information?

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered May 23 '11, 5:35 a.m.
Use the TER listing.

To show test cases which have not yet been run, test execution records for all test cases need to be created at the planning stage - Generate New Test Execution Records

I raised a support call on this but the support team weren't able to help. However they have taken an action to document it more clearly as a lot of people seem to have this problem

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.