It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Move RTC Server and Database to New Servers

joe Clark (56118) | asked Aug 03 '10, 8:04 p.m.
I would like to "migrate" an RTC 2.0.0.2 server and database to a new set of servers. Instead of using "repotools" to migrate the data, is it possible to simply:

1. Install and configure the new RTC server to use the new database
2. Use the database product's utilities to move the database to the new database server.
3. Run the setup to make sure the connections, etc., are in place.

Are there any other items to be aware of before doing this?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 04 '10, 1:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joe,

I think that should be possible. If you don't change the DB type what you describe is basically a recovery operation.

You also want to review the advanced properties of the new server and make sure the public URI root (and the hostname?) of the new server is set in a way that the url's created point to that new server.

You also need to recreate the index files on the new server using the repotools.

That is what I can think of right now.

Ralph

I would like to "migrate" an RTC 2.0.0.2 server and database to a new set of servers. Instead of using "repotools" to migrate the data, is it possible to simply:

1. Install and configure the new RTC server to use the new database
2. Use the database product's utilities to move the database to the new database server.
3. Run the setup to make sure the connections, etc., are in place.

Are there any other items to be aware of before doing this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.