It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How migrate from tomcat to was?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked May 08 '13, 1:21 p.m.
retagged May 08 '13, 2:16 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
It may be a Application Server question, but I hope somebody can help it. I searched the same topic in product online help in the following link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_migrate_tomcat_was.html But it just tell me to backup some file in tomcat, and then config the WAS. I am confused what about the backup files? Just paste to the similar position for WAS? But how migrate the tomcat user to WAS?(Before use tomcat user and after migrate use WAS file realm) And is there any other thing should take consideration? Thanks very much!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 08 '13, 2:43 p.m.
 Hello,  WAS can use the backed up config files from the same location that tomcat was previously using them in.  Backing them up before migrating is just good practice.  The user migration will be challenging if you are using Tomcat local files for authentication.  There is no automated way that I am aware of to automatically move the users from the tomcat-users.xml file to a file based realm in WAS.  These users will need to be manually created.  As long as you keep the same names however all of the ownership information should remain. 
Jia Jia Li selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jia Jia Li commented May 15 '13, 9:55 a.m.

Thanks Josh, if I install WAS in another physical machine, I think I copy the conf file is fine. More confirmation, the conf file is the jts/conf, ccm/conf, any other need to copy?Thanks very much!

Josh Crawford commented May 15 '13, 8:46 p.m.

Hello,  you will want to copy the entire server/conf directory. For example:

/opt/IBM/Jazz401/server/conf
[root@arc conf]#

Please keep in mind that if you plan to move to a different host and cannot maintain the same hostname you will need to explore a server rename scenario.  It would be ideal to keep the same hostname if possible. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.