It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disaster Recovery Plan for RTC (Backup and restore)

Ramesh Lakshminarasimhan (12) | asked Jul 23 '10, 11:22 p.m.
Hello Members,

We have significant number of data in RTC now that it has become a critical server for us. We want to put up a regular backup schedule for RTC.

I checked in RTC documentation & jazz.net site, but nothing much was there except that it asked to backup the RTC DB using DB2 backup commands. I think it must be something more than that.

Is there a documented procedure for RTC Server Backup and Restore? Like, in addition to DB backup, a set of configuration files to include in the backup? Thank you for your time.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 25 '10, 3:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you checked the library?

For instance http://jazz.net/library/techtip/98?
The help http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp also talks about backup.

My summary is:
1. Backup the DB. You can use the database's mechanisms. If the DB supports online backup you can keep the server running while you backup. Otherwise back up the DB with the mechanisms suggested by the DB's vendor.
2. Backup your jazz server configuration. These are the files you have modified while installing and configuring for instance the server/conf/jazz/teamserver.properties, friendsconfig.rdf, log4j.properties etc.
3. Backup your AppServer configuration e.g. server/tomcat/conf/server.xml, tomcat-users.xml
4. Although they can be recreated you can also backup the index files. Which you have can be found in the teamserver.properties file.

Hope that helps,

Ralph

Hello Members,

We have significant number of data in RTC now that it has become a critical server for us. We want to put up a regular backup schedule for RTC.

I checked in RTC documentation & jazz.net site, but nothing much was there except that it asked to backup the RTC DB using DB2 backup commands. I think it must be something more than that.

Is there a documented procedure for RTC Server Backup and Restore? Like, in addition to DB backup, a set of configuration files to include in the backup? Thank you for your time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.