It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

License key not found


Jeff Stratford (7182) | asked Jul 14 '10, 3:55 p.m.
I clearly have the keys installed and to the best of my knowledge I have
the proper port configured.

Please look at the attached screen shots.

I went through this last year with my temp key and it took someone
logging into my machine to get it working.

I'm afraid I'm going to need assistance again.

Please help.

Thank you

Jeff

11 answers



permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 14 '10, 4:15 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

You need an Enterprise Server license too. You need one for each
physical RAM WAS server instance. Your list only shows User Floating
licenses.

Rich

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 14 '10, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 7/14/2010 4:15 PM, Rich Kulp wrote:
Hi,

You need an Enterprise Server license too. You need one for each
physical RAM WAS server instance. Your list only shows User Floating
licenses.

Rich
If you look closely at what RAM said it said "The license is not found

for &quot;Enterprise edition <b>Server</b> license&quot;. Not floating license.

Thanks,
Rich

permanent link
Jeff Stratford (7182) | answered Jul 14 '10, 4:32 p.m.
On 7/14/2010 4:15 PM, Rich Kulp wrote:
Hi,

You need an Enterprise Server license too. You need one for each
physical RAM WAS server instance. Your list only shows User Floating
licenses.

Rich

Have 2 there in the picture. One is the AU and the other, I thought was
for the Enterprise publisher.

I have added a third key:
IBM Rational Asset Manager Enterprise Edition Svr license key.

The lm server restarted and still no contact.

All of the ones I downloaded have an option to make them floating.
So I've been specifying a value. Is that what is killing me?

Jeff

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 14 '10, 5:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 7/14/2010 4:32 PM, Jeff Stratford wrote:
On 7/14/2010 4:15 PM, Rich Kulp wrote:
Hi,

You need an Enterprise Server license too. You need one for each
physical RAM WAS server instance. Your list only shows User Floating
licenses.

Rich

Have 2 there in the picture. One is the AU and the other, I thought was
for the Enterprise publisher.

I have added a third key:
IBM Rational Asset Manager Enterprise Edition Svr license key.

The lm server restarted and still no contact.

All of the ones I downloaded have an option to make them floating.
So I've been specifying a value. Is that what is killing me?

Jeff

Floating Flexlm doesn't mean anything for RAM. All of RAM's licenses are
Flexlm floating.

There are two style of licenses, Server licenses which are required per
RAM server instance, and User licenses, which are required per user.

There are two types of User licenses, one Authorized which needs to be
assigned to a particular user in RAM, and the other is RAM Floating
which be allocated to a user as needed.

When you added the Enterprise Server license did you then restart RAM
and give it a try? If you did what was the exact message?

Rich

permanent link
Jeff Stratford (7182) | answered Jul 14 '10, 9:12 p.m.
On 7/14/2010 5:00 PM, Rich Kulp wrote:
On 7/14/2010 4:32 PM, Jeff Stratford wrote:
On 7/14/2010 4:15 PM, Rich Kulp wrote:
Hi,

You need an Enterprise Server license too. You need one for each
physical RAM WAS server instance. Your list only shows User Floating
licenses.

Rich

Have 2 there in the picture. One is the AU and the other, I thought was
for the Enterprise publisher.

I have added a third key:
IBM Rational Asset Manager Enterprise Edition Svr license key.

The lm server restarted and still no contact.

All of the ones I downloaded have an option to make them floating.
So I've been specifying a value. Is that what is killing me?

Jeff

Floating Flexlm doesn't mean anything for RAM. All of RAM's licenses are
Flexlm floating.

There are two style of licenses, Server licenses which are required per
RAM server instance, and User licenses, which are required per user.

There are two types of User licenses, one Authorized which needs to be
assigned to a particular user in RAM, and the other is RAM Floating
which be allocated to a user as needed.

When you added the Enterprise Server license did you then restart RAM
and give it a try? If you did what was the exact message?

Rich

Ok, I restarted but now get the configuration error page and when I go
to the configuration page, there are no errors.

If I save he page I get an error on the RTC path...
https://aimcp020.austin.ibm.com:13443/jazz

CRJAZ0062I Invalid username (&quot;admin&quot;) or password. (Note: usernames and
passwords are case-sensitive.)
The IBM Rational Team Concert server was not accessed.

This is all rather strange.

Jeff

permanent link
Jeff Stratford (7182) | answered Jul 15 '10, 9:15 a.m.
On 7/14/2010 9:12 PM, Jeff Stratford wrote:
On 7/14/2010 5:00 PM, Rich Kulp wrote:
On 7/14/2010 4:32 PM, Jeff Stratford wrote:
On 7/14/2010 4:15 PM, Rich Kulp wrote:
Hi,

You need an Enterprise Server license too. You need one for each
physical RAM WAS server instance. Your list only shows User Floating
licenses.

Rich

Have 2 there in the picture. One is the AU and the other, I thought was
for the Enterprise publisher.

I have added a third key:
IBM Rational Asset Manager Enterprise Edition Svr license key.

The lm server restarted and still no contact.

All of the ones I downloaded have an option to make them floating.
So I've been specifying a value. Is that what is killing me?

Jeff

Floating Flexlm doesn't mean anything for RAM. All of RAM's licenses are
Flexlm floating.

There are two style of licenses, Server licenses which are required per
RAM server instance, and User licenses, which are required per user.

There are two types of User licenses, one Authorized which needs to be
assigned to a particular user in RAM, and the other is RAM Floating
which be allocated to a user as needed.

When you added the Enterprise Server license did you then restart RAM
and give it a try? If you did what was the exact message?

Rich

Ok, I restarted but now get the configuration error page and when I go
to the configuration page, there are no errors.

If I save he page I get an error on the RTC path...
https://aimcp020.austin.ibm.com:13443/jazz

CRJAZ0062I Invalid username (&quot;admin&quot;) or password. (Note: usernames and
passwords are case-sensitive.)
The IBM Rational Team Concert server was not accessed.

This is all rather strange.

Jeff

This is the only errors I see in the ramDebug.log are related to the uid
and password for RTC and that is after I attempt to save the page.

there is no indication of what my configuration error is.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 15 '10, 10:12 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Did you fix the RTC error? That is also considered a configuration
error. You need to have all errors on the config page fixed.

One nagging problem we have is that when there is a configuration error
we DON'T show the error when you go to the config page UNTIL you do a
save, then we show the error.

Rich

permanent link
Jeff Stratford (7182) | answered Jul 15 '10, 10:23 a.m.
On 7/15/2010 10:12 AM, Rich Kulp wrote:
Hi,

Did you fix the RTC error? That is also considered a configuration
error. You need to have all errors on the config page fixed.

One nagging problem we have is that when there is a configuration error
we DON'T show the error when you go to the config page UNTIL you do a
save, then we show the error.

Rich

I have not been able to fix the RTC error.
I have tried all possible combinations of ports and paths.
the one I reported gives me the most reasonable error,
e.g. uid and password are wrong.

The problem is that admin/admin are the only passwords that I are
available. I took this option for the user registry.

com.ibm.ram.repository.custom.LDAPUserInformationFactory


admin shows up as a user but the ID I provide is not working.
admin/admin is obviously working for the RAM but not RTC.
I have no tools or logs left to help me debug this.

Jeff

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 15 '10, 11:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What did you use when you created the RTC? It needs to be the
userid/password that THE RTC is using. Not RAM.

Rich

permanent link
Jeff Stratford (7182) | answered Jul 15 '10, 11:36 a.m.
On 7/15/2010 11:16 AM, Rich Kulp wrote:
What did you use when you created the RTC? It needs to be the
userid/password that THE RTC is using. Not RAM.

Rich

I don't recall given the opportunity to create this.
Where is the file that in can inspect and change manaully.

I thought the initial uid and password were generated automatically.

Jeff

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.