It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Arguments to RAFW Build Forge deployment policy

Peter Moraza (481924) | asked Apr 04 '14, 12:55 p.m.
Hi,

Rational Asset Manager (7.5.1.2) includes a custom policy (Java API) to launch projects in Build Forge. Can anyone confirm the correct argument values to pass to the RAFW Build Forge deployment policy, especially the "Server Host URL"? We can invoke the Build Forge project by logging into Build Forge through a web browser and starting the project, but we have not been able to invoke that Build Forge project by calling from RAM, and the RAM logs are not especially helpful. Here is what we have configured in the RAM Web client:

"Policy display name"   Build Forge v7.1.1.4 > RAFW Build Forge Deployment Policy
"Server Host URL"   https://buildforge.kp.org:9443
"Project Name"   EIS RAM Automation
"User name"   A123456
"Password"   ********

The value for "Server Host URL" is the url we configure to connect to Build Forge in a web browser, we are not sure if we need to specify any values in the url beyond what you see here. Any experience with this anyone? TIA

Peter

One answer

permanent link
Sheng Liu (21) | answered Apr 14 '14, 6:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
         Yes ,the URL should be the URL in the web page that you used to log in.But I need to mention that for the username , you need to use the Build Forge user name ,not the Name at the up right corner of BF web page, they are different.
          If you want to use this policy ,  unzip the buildforge.zip, in the  RAFWpolicy.java , there are some final strings, those final strings should be used as the Environment of the build forge project which is  going to invoke. .For e.g.,  RAM_GUID is referring to the asset's Guid whose state change will invoke this policy.And you shouldn't forget to map the environment to the build forge project by using BF web UI.

Comments
Peter Moraza commented Apr 14 '14, 10:23 p.m.

I am using the log-on user id, not the name in the upper-right corner of the web page.

I can see BF environment properties in our BF which match the final string values in RAFWpolicy.java, but I'm not sure if those are configured correctly on the BF server (e.g. name "POL_ATTR_BF_SERVER" has a value "POL_ATTR_BF_SERVER"). Does the value need to be set explicitly in the BF web page (i.e. hostname:port)? Or does BF set that value at runtime?

Thanks for your excellent reply! You have let us know we are proceeding (stumbling) down the correct path!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.