It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Collaborative Architecture Management integration

Christian Bornfeld (112) | asked Jul 11 '10, 8:49 a.m.
I am looking for more information (preferably a demo) of the level of integration (bi-directional links) that will be provided between Requirements captured in RRC/RP Doors with design elements in RSA models through Rational Collaborative Architecture Management.

Can you provide details on capabilities and plan for providing integration with Rational Collaborative Architecture Management?

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Jul 20 '10, 7:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am looking for more information (preferably a demo) of the level of integration (bi-directional links) that will be provided between Requirements captured in RRC/DOORS RP with design elements in RSA models through Rational Collaborative Architecture Management.

Can you provide details on capabilities and plan for providing integration with Rational Collaborative Architecture Management?

The current DOORS RP focus for linking and and other lifecycle development tools has been on RTC and RQM in 2010. RSA will certainly be on the list of tools that we will support in the future.

I would encourage you to take a look at the beta releases of DOORS RP, RTC, and RQM and examine the way traceability can be created between artifacts in these tools to allow navigation and information discovery. This will give you an idea of how this would be approached in the future for RSA.

permanent link
Christian Bornfeld (112) | answered Jul 27 '10, 4:37 a.m.
I am looking for more information (preferably a demo) of the level of integration (bi-directional links) that will be provided between Requirements captured in RRC/DOORS RP with design elements in RSA models through Rational Collaborative Architecture Management.

The current DOORS RP focus for linking and and other lifecycle development tools has been on RTC and RQM in 2010. RSA will certainly be on the list of tools that we will support in the future.

I would encourage you to take a look at the beta releases of DOORS RP, RTC, and RQM and examine the way traceability can be created between artifacts in these tools to allow navigation and information discovery. This will give you an idea of how this would be approached in the future for RSA.

We need to create links between requirements and elements in our models. This scenario is not supported by the combination of RRC, RTC and RQM.

The Rational Collaborative Architecture Management product is set to be released together with RSA v8.0 at the end of this year or very early next year and it will provide the ability to create OSLC links to model elements.

In theory the integration between RRC, RTC, RQM and RSA (through CAM) should work out of the box. However I would like someone to verify this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.