It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use the customized link type to select other project area artifact?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Jun 26 '13, 10:17 a.m.
I create one customized link type in RRC project area, but I find when use the customized link type I can not select the artifacts in other project ares's. But when use the system define link type, I can choose the artifacts in other project area.
Is that the limit for customized link type? And is there any way to config it choosing other project area artifacts?
Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 26 '13, 11:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,

Unfortunately, that is a design limitation for the Linking feature in RRC. There are several system-defined link types which allow cross-project linking (like you noted) but the Linking feature does not allow the user to create a cross-project link type from scratch. It looks like there is a plan item for a future release to enable this functionality, but is best-case-scenario planned for RRC 4.0.5 right now: Allow cross-project RM linking with user-defined link types (76054)

Mike Jaworski
Jia Jia Li selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Jun 26 '13, 6:41 p.m.
Thanks Michael, I like the plan item, but I did not find a way to add comments, is there premission control for it?

Comments
Mike Jaworski commented Jun 27 '13, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you try navigating to the "Discussion" tab? You should be able to add a comment there, but if not, then it is most likely a permission control that prevents you from doing that.

Jia Jia Li commented Jun 27 '13, 11:10 a.m.

Thanks Michael, have voted it! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.