It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Language settings for users

Eike Meyer (612211) | asked Jul 05 '10, 8:08 a.m.
Hi,

which settings in the RTC / windows set my language when using RTC? On my local PC, I get english terms for work items, plans etc. Logging from one of our servers, I get the german settings (using browser for both). So I guess the settings must come somewhere from the system side.

I would prefer settings to be made in RTC (in the user editor -> work environment), so is it possible to put this up as a change request?

Thanks for any help on this!
Eike

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 06 '10, 7:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Eike,

there is some discussion in this area. See for instance https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=73969

I believe:
- The language in the web client is dependent on the locale and language set in the browser. I run Firefox with en US by default to get english menus and pages (almost) everywhere. Addons such as "Quick locale switcher" can help a bit.
- the language in the Eclipse client - especially the menus can be controlled by adding -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US appended to the eclipse.ini file.
- The regional settings on the server have influence on the server level default language. In addition the process templates come in different locales. Once a project is created with a locale and regional setting it there is no easy way to change this anymore as far as I know.

As a result - preferring English settings my machine runs as English language with German keyboard and I use the -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US settings on Tomcat Server as well as Eclipse client to enforce english.

Ralph

Hi,

which settings in the RTC / windows set my language when using RTC? On my local PC, I get english terms for work items, plans etc. Logging from one of our servers, I get the german settings (using browser for both). So I guess the settings must come somewhere from the system side.

I would prefer settings to be made in RTC (in the user editor -> work environment), so is it possible to put this up as a change request?

Thanks for any help on this!
Eike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.