It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to generate an email when a build fails

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Oct 20 '11, 2:42 p.m.
I have a group of people who would like to be notified via email every time a build fails. Any suggestions for how I might go about setting that up?

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Oct 20 '11, 5:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a group of people who would like to be notified via email every time a build fails. Any suggestions for how I might go about setting that up?

Hi,

In Eclipse in your build definition, there is a down arrow to the right of the text 'Build Definition' that will let you edit the configuration elements for the build definition. Once in that edit configuration dialog, you can click on the 'Other' tab and select 'Email Notification'. After clicking 'OK', you should see an 'Email Notification' tab along with your other tabs (ex. 'Overview', 'Schedule'). On the 'Email Notification' tab, you can add a notification criteria to get notification when a build has completed and either always or only if the build has errors.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Oct 27 '11, 12:06 p.m.
I neglected to mention we're on RTC 2.0.0.2 ifix5. Is there a solution for that? Since the option you mentioned is not visible, I assume it's a 3.x addition.

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Oct 27 '11, 2:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I neglected to mention we're on RTC 2.0.0.2 ifix5. Is there a solution for that? Since the option you mentioned is not visible, I assume it's a 3.x addition.

Hi,

This previous topic has some information about an Ant task that can send email, and the work item number under which the email support was added for 3.0.

Brent Ulbricht

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.