It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hierarchical Release Note Generation

Mark Roberts (1205338) | asked Jun 29 '10, 4:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What is the best approach for generating a hierarchical release note from RTC ? In ClearCase I would generate a list of activities from a diffbl command and then drill into each activity and pull out description fields etc. from ClearQuest. I would then extract information about each file associated with the activities.

So in terms of RTC I want to know how to get the differences between 2 baselines in a format that I can actually use to programmatically generate the information I need such as work item summary, description, priority, who worked on it, the content of the change set etc.

Is the REST API the way to go and if so does anyone have an example of getting baseline information via that route, or does it need JAVA API Code to extract what I need.

Any thoughts ?

2 answers

permanent link
Florian Georg (19031918) | answered Jun 29 '10, 6:08 p.m.
Not totally clear how your report should look like, but can't you just get there with a custom WorkItem Query?
Only include WorkItems that are contained in the latest build snapshot (or >= timestamp 1 && <= timestamp 2).

I'm not sure about RTC baselines, but at least with snapshots (called "composite baselines" in CC :wink: ) this should work out ... although I have to admit I haven't tested it yet.

- Florian

permanent link
Mark Roberts (1205338) | answered Jun 30 '10, 2:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not totally clear how your report should look like, but can't you just get there with a custom WorkItem Query?
Only include WorkItems that are contained in the latest build snapshot (or >= timestamp 1 && <= timestamp 2).

I'm not sure about RTC baselines, but at least with snapshots (called "composite baselines" in CC :wink: ) this should work out ... although I have to admit I haven't tested it yet.

- Florian

Thanks - I think you are right but I want to extract the information to an external document - html or pdf or Word.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.