It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Initialize the Enum Value of a field from a Customized workiten (MASTER_DATA) to another new Customized Workitem (CHILD_DATA) to the same Field Name with the same Enum Value

PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | asked Mar 12 '15, 10:13 a.m.
edited Mar 12 '15, 10:56 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
How to Initialize the Enum Value of a field from a Customized workiten (MASTER_DATA) to another new Customized Workitem (CHILD_DATA) to the same Field Name with the same Enum Value

I have created custom field as "Origin Country" which has say 12 nos of Enum Values of Country in a Customized workiten type  (MASTER_DATA) . I have also created same custom field  "Origin Country" which has same 12 nos of Enum Values of Country to another new Customized Workitem (CHILD_DATA).

My Requirement is if I select USA as the enum value in  "Origin Country" field in Cutomized workiten type (MASTER_DATA)  then when I create a Record in another new Customized Workitem (CHILD_DATA) type then the "Origin Country" field will be populated with value as USA ( as set in MASTER_DATA).

I could have achieved this logic had "Value Set" capability for Attribute Customization were working across different workitem type with Dependencies  . The " Value Set " for Attribute Customization works only for same workitem Type.

Can Someone help me on this Please .

Thanks

PKC

Prasanta Kumar Chaudhuri

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.