It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Load bar on team level

Roland Mueller (102399) | asked Jun 28 '10, 6:01 a.m.
Hello ,

during the planning session I'd like to see, how the team's capacity is already filled with work hours. As we leave it open at the time of the planning session, which devloper will do a particular task ( to avoid "siloing", that a task can only be done by one developer), many tasks stay without owner during the planning session. During the iteration , the next "availavble" person takes the card, puts his name on and works against the card on the story board (Work item in RTC).
I can see load bars (which holds the information of available hours and assigned hours) only for individual users, not the for entire team. So I do not know the load situation for a team, as long as I did not assign all tasks to owners. (The load situation of a team is known in the agile terminology as planning bucket).
Can Team Concert give me an report or a view, which contains a load bar for an iteration on team level? (May be someone wrote a customized reports already for this purpose, as the planning bucket technique is quite common in agile planning for a team.

Regards, Roland

2 answers

permanent link
Roland Mueller (102399) | answered Jun 29 '10, 4:57 p.m.
Hi,

I found the issue: If you have release backlog plan (which seems to be a "high level" plan and allow in the process configuration , that tasks are allowed in the high level plans, then the load bars are screwed up and not showing the load.
Disabling the "tasks" as allowed work item typ for high level plans fixes the issue.
So , I'm fine for now, however in a release plan, we often know already stuff on task level, which has to go sooner or later in one of the iterations.
So allowing tasks on the level of a release plan still seems to be a good idea for me. But can't be done, because it ruins the load bars (and the visibility of estimates in hours etc. on developers task board views and others)
Roland

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jun 30 '10, 2:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Roland,

I searched http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome and could not find any obvious candidate showing this has been reported already. I'd suggest to create a defect for this and paste your description from the thread into the work item.

You could also create an electronic support request.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi,

I found the issue: If you have release backlog plan (which seems to be a "high level" plan and allow in the process configuration , that tasks are allowed in the high level plans, then the load bars are screwed up and not showing the load.
Disabling the "tasks" as allowed work item typ for high level plans fixes the issue.
So , I'm fine for now, however in a release plan, we often know already stuff on task level, which has to go sooner or later in one of the iterations.
So allowing tasks on the level of a release plan still seems to be a good idea for me. But can't be done, because it ruins the load bars (and the visibility of estimates in hours etc. on developers task board views and others)
Roland

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.