It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Favorites not working anymore.

Nicholas Aronne (2111) | asked Jun 14 '10, 8:58 a.m.
I recently completed a clean install of RSA v7.5.5.1 (Build ID: 20100323_1212), followed by installing the RTC Client v2.0.0.2. After installing and getting connected to our jazz server I started adding favorites (as I've done in the past).

Now when I attempt to launch a favorite I get the following pop-up message "The location '#//' will be opened with an external program. Are you sure you want to do this?"

I did not change any settings, this is the default behavior I am seeing. I've never seen this before, and I do have another developer on my team who also has experienced the same issue after a clean install.

If possible I would like to resolve this, I use the favorites a lot.

thanks in advance.

4 answers

permanent link
Troy Volin (1611) | answered Nov 11 '10, 6:01 p.m.

Now when I attempt to launch a favorite I get the following pop-up message "The location '#//' will be opened with an external program. Are you sure you want to do this?"

Ditto! This RSA was installed as 7.5.5 and upgraded to 7.5.5.2 (build 20100729_1454) later. But I've had that behavior since I first installed. (obviously RTC 2.0.0.2 installed in same shell).

I'm running on 64-bit Fedora 13, if that makes a difference.
I was about to reinstall RSA. I'm glad I read your post, since it saved me hours!

Troy

permanent link
Nicholas Aronne (2111) | answered Nov 12 '10, 8:36 a.m.

Ditto! This RSA was installed as 7.5.5 and upgraded to 7.5.5.2 (build 20100729_1454) later. But I've had that behavior since I first installed. (obviously RTC 2.0.0.2 installed in same shell).

I'm running on 64-bit Fedora 13, if that makes a difference.
I was about to reinstall RSA. I'm glad I read your post, since it saved me hours!

Troy

Yes Tony, I've tried finding additional information concerning this issue, but to date haven't found any or received any response to my original post. I am hoping as more people start to have the same issue this will get additional attention.

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Nov 15 '10, 2:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I checked in RTC stand alone 3.0 and can't reproduce.
it must be a 2002 OR a RSA-2002 issue
How does the URL look like ? Can you do a right click , copy URL ?

permanent link
Nicholas Aronne (2111) | answered Nov 19 '10, 1:12 p.m.
I checked in RTC stand alone 3.0 and can't reproduce.
it must be a 2002 OR a RSA-2002 issue
How does the URL look like ? Can you do a right click , copy URL ?

I tried to get you the link, but now it looks like it is working again for me. I am currently at Version: 2.0.0.2 , Build id: I20100602-1000

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.