It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Change vs RTC ( change and configuration management)

YASEF Startinov (17419) | asked Sep 14 '17, 4:56 a.m.
edited Sep 14 '17, 5:00 a.m.

Hello

Can anyone help me to make a clear difference  between Rational Change and change in RTC (configuration Management in CLM ) ?
Which product a company has to purchase if it want to manage change request.
:'(

One answer

permanent link
Bruno Di Giandomenico (501123) | answered Sep 14 '17, 6:37 a.m.

I must admit to not being able to answer completely, as I do not own Rational Change, whereas I own and use RTC CCM, also in conjunction with DOORS, and very soon with Rhapsody.

I believe, though, that you should state better what you wish to achieve, which products you wish to perform Change Management for and, as you hint about configuration management, what is your aim also for that.

CCM is pretty good for our purposes, having plans, a customisable lifecycle etc. We are successfully using it to perform change management of DOORS where it is vastly superior to the internal CPS, really there is no comparison.
We use it also in one projects for tasks and coding, but is that what you are looking for ?

Comments
YASEF Startinov commented Sep 14 '17, 7:46 a.m. | edited Sep 15 '17, 2:03 a.m.

I want mange change request, i.e  how a product behave because its not compliant with the requirements or because there was problems in how the requirement is executed

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.